Sunday, December 6, 2009

Festival of Trees

Patrick and I had the oppertunity this year to go to the Festival of Trees with some friends. I didn't really know much about the Festival of Trees until we got there and it was explained to me more in detail. After walking through all the trees and seeing the trees that were dedicated to little babies and kids and even adults that have either passed away or are still very sick, it made me appreciate how healthy my kids are. I tend to get frustrated when they have colds or ear/eye infections and cant seem to get over it, but seeing and reading about all these kids made me realize how truely blessed I am to have healthy kids. I think it is so awesome what the money goes to. I cant believe how much some of these trees sold for. It really helps put you in the holiday spirit. I wish I would have taken pictures of some of the trees. I was kinda busy chasing Corbin and making sure he wasn't touching the trees. We got scolded when Corbin saw the Lightening Mcqueen tree and ran up and started touching it. Some of our favorites were; of course the Airforce one made up of Airplanes. The BYU one. There was a really cool looking Shrek one that the tree was a palm tree. I loved the all pink one that had everything pink. There was also a really cute one that was made all baby girl. It had a crib with it, a dresser, lots of toys and books, and everything else you can think of that you would need to start a room for a baby girl. It was very cute! We had alot of fun seeing the trees and I think we may be making it a tradition every year to go. It was definatly worth it!

No comments: