Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Memories

I have to start out by saying that Chirstmas time is a Holiday that is celebrated at our house starting at midight Halloween night. I think its 106.5 That starts playing Christmas music at midnight. Patrick loves Christmas time and I cant blaim him. He loves it so much because it reminds him of his mom and how great she made Christmas before she passed away. Even though they didn't have alot of money, she always made it special for him. So every year I try to make sure Chirstmas is special because I never want to take that feeling away from him. So this year I think I tried even harder and decided since we dont have much money to get lots of presents that we would go do activites that would help put us in the Christmas spirit. I already posted about the Festival of Trees on my last post, but this weekend we decided to go see the Christmas lights at temple square. Because Patrick has great memories of Christmas he really wants to make sure our kids have really good memories too and we feel like Corbin is finally getting to an age were he will remember things. So to make this special for Corbin we decided to take the train to Salt Lake. Corbin is in love with trains (which is kinda funny to me because he only owns 1 little train and like a billion cars and airplanes) He had so much fun waiting for the train, he couldn't hold still. Once we got on the train he just stared out the window for the longest time. He wasn't the biggest fan of seeing the Christmas lights but I guess that was more for me and Patrick. Over all though, it was a great memory that we were able to share with each other and helped us get more into the Chirstmas mood.

No comments: