Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Peyton Curtis Persson

Welp, the end finally came and its all begining now! We are super excited to finally welcome Peyton to our family. He was born August 17th 2009 at 9:16pm. He weighed 7lbs 1oz and 20in long. We were surprised by our doctor when when we went in for our normal weekly check up, I should first start out saying my mom came with me to this doctors appointment because Pat had flights all day, so we think my mom was the good luck charm. During my check up the doctor wasn't happy with how high my blood pressure was so she sent me straight to labor and delivery and told me to not make any stops along the way. Right away I start calling Pat and of course he doesn't answer because he was in the air. So they get me all set up in my room and all hooked up, by time I was hooked up and they started the patosin, I was dialted to a 3 and 80% thinned. Again we tried calling Pat but no luck. After an hour on the patosin we finally got a hold of Pat and while on the phone with him my water broke. Things moved very quickly. I was nervous Pat wasn't going to make it. He did finally get there and I got my eupederal. Once I got that, I sat at a 5 for a while and then within an hour I went from a 5 to a 10. Unfortunetly for me, my doctor was in the next room delivering another baby, so they told me not to push. I sat there for about 20 mintues. My doc finally came in. I took 2 big pushes and he was out. Only 5 1/2 hours of total labor. It all went so fast! I feels so great to have him out though. I am super excited for whats to come with my house full of boys. Here are a few pics. I will be putting lots more on with the weeks to come.



5 comments:

Aubrey said...

So cute!!! You looks so great! You have a lot of darling things for him. I miss having a baby boy!! AUGH! Corbin is so cute too. I can't believe how HUGE he is. Can't wait to meet this little bundle!

Brian & Chelsey Hafen said...

Congrats! He is just so dang cute.

The Cassel Family said...

Congratulations! You all look great. I found your blog through Jenny's, hope that is okay. I'm going to add it to my list:) e mail me at cwcassel@hotmail.com if you want an invite to ours!!

Aubrey said...

Love the new page!
Oh, and... You don't scare me! :)

Jeffery Stoddard said...

Rachel He is adorable. Congradulations. I am so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see him.